The Home Page

Monday, February 13, 2012

Yes, MORE Awards!

First on the list of thank yous is........drum roll, please..........My dear friend,
Kathy, the giggling trucker's wife.
I have never been certain if the trucker is the giggler or the wife, but regardless, I adore this woman.  Her blogs are humorous and informative and interesting and once in a while, touching. She makes me smile every time I visit and I believe we are related somehow, maybe way back in time.  You would do yourself a big favor if you visit her blog on a weekly basis, at least.

http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

She has given me the 7 x 7 Link Award       
 


Accordingly, I will tell you 7 things about me and pass it along to 7 worthy bloggers.  So here goes the 7 boring things you might already know.

1) I love dark chocolate. (for breakfast with hot creamy coffee)

2) I will always have a furbaby in my life and as long as it's possible, in my home.

3) I've been married to my roomy for 30 years next month. ♥

4) My sister lives 7 minutes from me, my mom lives 3 minutes from me, my brother lives 4 hours from me, 2 of our boys live 25 minutes from me, 1 son and 1 (only) daughter live 9 hours from me.

5) I have (my side of the family) 5 nieces. No nephews.  Roomy's side, I have 17 nieces and 3 nephews.

6) I have (including steps) 9 granddaughters and 1 grandson.

(Anyone seeing a pattern here?)

7) Our nieces have done much better producing boys. Currently on my side we have 4 great-nephews and 2 great nieces.  On roomy's side, I couldn't even begin to count!  LOL  There are many, many and a bunch of them are boys!  One day, not today, I will count them all.  I believe I could name most of them, although I only see most of them once a year.  I can tell you that they are some of the cutest little people you might ever see.  Good genes.

All right, so that's that.  Now the nominees are"

1)  http://todaysworkingwoman25.blogspot.com ~ (because I love reading this woman's work)
2) http://simplystephtee.blogspot.com~(because here is a wild and fun read)
3)  http://lindasays-beachlover.blogspot.com~(because I always learn something or smile here)
4) http://bestdadevar.blogspot.com~(Because I am missing BestDadEver so much)
5) http://www.stoopinitinthesuburbs.blogspot.com~(because I love sitting on her stoop and sipping)
6)DancesWithVodka~(because her poetry speaks to me every time and she is a delight)
7) http://www.justinappropriate.com~ (because she makes me laugh out loud)


There ya go!  Hope each of you grab your awards and wear the badge proudly. I also hope each of you readers stop by each of these sites and enjoy!

Again, thank you Kathy for this honor and also for adding so much laughter and joy to my life.  ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2 or the Encouraging Heart Award! 
Thank you so much for this award Kat Taylor.  It's such an honor to receive an award that signifies your appreciation of your fellow bloggers. It's wonderful to find the kind of support these groups show each member. I am proud and pleased to be part of each group and I am also beyond proud to accept with great humility, this lovely award.  If I have helped you in any small way, it was indeed my pleasure.

 Kat is a wonderful blogger with great ideas and a wonderful way of taking you with her on her journey.

I am sure you will enjoy visiting her blog anytime you have a few minutes to relax and maybe giggle or wipe a tear.

http://myviewthroughkateyes.blogspot.com


This award carries no rules or obligations. A no strings award.  I love this kind and for now am not going do anything except enjoy that Kat gave it to me and think about who I would like to pass it on to.  Or better yet....

It is, she says, given to someone who encourages or supports you in your writing efforts and there are so many of you who do that for me.  Where would I even begin? 

So,  if you like this award, like this blog site, visit it often and leave comments....please feel free to lift this one and paste it on your blog site. 
Each and every one of you keep me typing and posting with your kind and  loving remarks week after week.

♥ to all of my followers, new and old.  I hate being the only one who reads my work.  :)   ♥

Jo

20 comments:

  1. Jo, first congrats, you are so deserving. And yes, I did see a pattern. Trust me, you are not the only one reading you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I am so glad you stopped by and of course, I have been to your 'house' several times. It's a love~love relationship we're developing here.

      Delete
  2. You have a huge family and it's great that most of them are close by.

    Thank you for the award! You are a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very deserving! ♥
      My family is large on my roomy's side. Mine is quite small. I would be happier if they all lived within 2 miles. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! Always love your praises, they mean more than most because I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you Mary! I totally love visiting you and getting a chuckle or even an out and out full on laugh! I'm glad you enjoy stopping by here, as well. ♥

      Delete
  4. You earned your award - I love reading your posts! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm truly not big on the award thing, but it was the right day and the right sentiment that got me this time! :)
      I'm so happy that you enjoy my posts. I think you know it's a two way love affair. ♥

      Delete
  5. Jo, you are too sweet for words!! Actually when my husband and I get together we both get the giggles, but I usually start it. I am always laughing. :D I am going to help myself as you suggest because I try so hard to encourage everyone the best I can. Thank you! I am so proud to have you as a friend!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you say "when my husband and I get together" that makes me smile because, as you know, I used to be married on the week-ends and know that feeling oh so well!
      I'm always laughing with you and seeing you in my head, laughing! You brighten my life, for sure.
      I'm more than pleased that you are accepting this award, it was meant for everyone just LIKE you!
      Happy V day ♥

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the awards :) well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, your so sweet for awarding my stoop and I an 7x7 award. I am so thankful. I am glad you feel at home on my stoop. I will of course link my award back to your lovely blog.
    Hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be lovely. I do love stopping by for a visit and a cup of coffee, wine, whatever! ♥

      Delete
  8. YAY!!!!!!! to you! Getting recognition from friends is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 7 x 7 award. You deserve all the accolades that come your way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Kat, my head is getting way way big now! Thank you so much and I love you right back. But you knew that. ♥

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on both awards Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks k~ it's pretty cool and I'm pretty humble, right now. ♥

      Delete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!